Pharmacy Error Lawsuits
Prescription Drug Error Lawyer Marietta Ga
If you receive medical care resulting in administration of any type of drug, you entrust your health to a doctor, a pharmacist and any other medical provider who was involved. The physician had an obligation to prescribe appropriate medication at the right dosage. He or she should have verified whether you had any drug allergies and otherwise determined that the drug prescribed was right for you. You may be eligible for compensation for a doctor’s medical malpractice if he or she failed to adhere to widely accepted professional standards when issuing a prescription and you were seriously harmed as a result.
The pharmacist, likewise, has a responsibility to fill the prescription correctly, give clear instructions on how to take the drug and warn you of potential side effects. If a nurse, medical technician or anesthesiologist was involved in delivery of the medication, that person also shares responsibility to adhere to professional standards designed to protect your well-being.
Jackel & Phillips represents people who have suffered harm or lost loved ones because of any type of medication or pharmacy negligence, including the following:
- Prescription writing error;
- Prescription fulfillment error;
- Medication delivery error;
- Incorrect dosage management to adjust to a patient’s changed condition;
- Prescribing medications that conflict with other prescribed medications and cause adverse reactions in patients;
- Distributing the wrong medication, dosage, or pill count, or dispensing a prescription to the wrong patient;
- Prescribing medications that conflict with a patient’s pre-existing illnesses or allergies and cause adverse reactions in patients; and,
- Inaccurate or incomplete medical advice when distributing medication to a drugstore customer.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I RECEIVE AN INCORRECT MEDICATION?
In any situation where you or a loved-one has received an incorrect drug or an incorrect amount of a drug which places health in danger, there are some basic things which you should keep in mind:
- Do not delay;
- Contact poison control or 911 and seek medical attention immediately;
- Make sure to have an itemization of all medications which you are currently taking as well as the medication which was given to you in error;
- Do not throw away any of the prescriptions, medications, bottling or labels that were given to you; and,
- Seek the advice of an experienced Georgia injury attorney when you are able to do so.
WE CAN HELP
Your doctor, your pharmacist and any medical provider responsible for delivering medication to you owes you a duty of care and diligence. If you or a loved one has suffered serious harm because of a medication or pharmaceutical error, Jackel & Phillips attorneys are here to help. At Jackel & Phillips we understand the interaction of drugs and the consequences of mixing medications or taking the incorrect dosage of a medicine because of our experience with pharmacy error lawsuits. Often these errors are caused by drugs having similar names or similar spellings. In addition, hospital patients can be given incorrect dosages of a prescription drug due to errors by hospital pharmacies. This firm has expert knowledge of pharmacology and when needed, hires additional pharmacology and medical experts to review cases involving prescription errors. Our goal is to obtain fair and just compensation for the victims in pharmacy malpractice claims involving a prescription error. Because of our experience with pharmaceutical litigation, we are uniquely positioned to represent clients who have been injured by a medication error or pharmacy malpractice. Please call today for a free consultation about your case.