Chris is a graduate of the Virginia Military Institute, 1990, with a B.A. in History (Minor in English) with academic distinction. He attended Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, and graduated in 1994 with scholastic honors.
Chris served on active duty in the Judge Advocate General Corp, U.S. Navy from 1995-1998, wherein he acted as a prosecutor for numerous criminal jury and non-jury trials involving such charges as Negligent Homicide, Hazarding a Naval Vessel, Rape, and Child Molestation. He then went to the Georgia Attorney General's office, from 1998-1999, and served in the Capital Litigation department, wherein he represented the State of Georgia in numerous Death Penalty Habeas Corpus hearings and Appellate proceedings. Since 1999, Chris has served as a civil litigator specializing in the fields of eminent domain, personal injury, and medical malpractice.
- Virginia Military Institute (B.A., 1990)
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University (J.D., 1994)
- CAPT, JAGC, U.S. Naval Reserve (Active)
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Cobb Bar Association
- Rotary Club of Marietta
- Cobb County Trial Lawyers (CCTLA)
- Admitted to Georgia State Bar, 1995.
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1995.
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1999.
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1999.
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 1995.
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Condemnation Litigation
At Jackel & Phillips, we have the experience, knowledge and compassion you need for the results you deserve